Instructions for Inserting Cattle Tags
Code of Practice Cattle tags PAS 44:2014
It is important to pay attention to the correct tagging procedures when tagging cattle
Combi Large, Small, Button & E30 Electronic Tag
- Disinfect the tag and load the tag as per instructions supplied with the applicator.
- Hold / restrain the animal securely.
- The tag should be inserted in the middle/lower ear, 1/3 from the head and 2/3 from the tip of the ear
- This point of the tag should go in from the outside of the ear ending up on the inside of the ear when applied.
- The female part of the tag should always be placed at the front of the ear.
- Avoid piercing the ridges of cartilage in the middle of the ear, as this may deform the ear and may also result in infection
- Cattle should be tagged from the back of the ear and the tag then rotated 180° to the correct position facing downwards
This page was updated: 12/2/2019