Bottle-fed and fostered lambs can be a record-keeping challenge!
Foster and bottle-fed lambs could grow up to be keepers or culls. Record births and fostering as they happen in the lambing shed - avoid losing critical pedigree information at your busiest time!
Why record fostering?
- to preserve pedigree information for the lamb
- to credit birth dams for number of lambs born
- to credit foster dams for raising more lambs
Use a fostering report:
- to look up birth and foster dams
- to group fostered lambs for management reasons
- to identify problem animals or genetic lines
Fostering on the Stock Recorder
Sample FarmWorks Reports
Click on the links below to view a sample Bottle Fed related report:
This page was updated: 11/4/2017